Your vacation is booked for the Minnesota Northwoods, now it’s time to start planning your menu. There are so many great ways to enjoy cooking in the Minnesota Northwoods. These meals are great for families and take advantage of the opportunity to cook using a campfire, an outdoor grill, or even the catch of the day! Each family member can put in exactly what they want, so it is sure to please everyone. It is also a fun and easy way to have everyone participate in preparing and cooking the meals.
Breakfast: Lumberjack Breakfast (In Foil Packet)
This is a filling breakfast to give the whole family the energy they need for whatever adventures fill their day!
- Sausages or canadian bacon
- Frozen hash browns or leftover cooked potatoes, diced
- Chopped tomatoes & green onions
- Shredded cheese, any kind
Lunch: Campfire Pizza
Pizza is usually a fan favorite for most families, so why not try it over the fire?
- Pre-made Pizza Crusts
- Marinara Sauce
- Shredded Cheese
- Desired Toppings
Dinner: Super Simple Fish Tacos
You can cook up your fresh-caught fish and top it with how you want. The recipe we found uses an easy broccoli slaw.
- 1 lb. tilapia filets
- 1 ½ T olive oil
- 1 T no salt all-purpose seasoning (I used the scampi blend from Wildtree)
- 1 ½ C broccoli slaw
- 8 whole wheat tortillas or white corn tortillas (your family’s preference)
- ½ C plain yogurt (we like just regular plain and Greek plain)
- 1 Cup loosely chopped cilantro
- 2 small limes, halved
- 1 sliced avocado (optional
Dessert: Monkey Bread
This dessert is easy to make, and everyone is sure to love it!
- Biscuit Dough
- Brown Sugar